Special projects under Environment Project at CMS
1. SDG Project at CMS.
2. Shared by Aliganj Campus I
3. Aliganj Campus II
4. International Year of Pulses
5. Gomti Nagar Campus I Report
6. Followed by all last reports
1. As an Action project carried out by the members of the Eco club to promote the spirit of SDG12, CMS joined hands with a volunteer based organisation called the Robin Hood Army that works to get surplus food from restaurants and give it to the less fortunate people. We tried to create a difference in our own small way by reaching out to the slum area children in a locality called ‘Baalu Adda’. By reducing wastage we can try to eliminate hunger.
It was an enriching and inspiring experience for because ‘Learning by doing’ is an effective way of imbibing such virtues. We took a pledge to aim towards the attainment of Zero hunger. We will definitely spread this message to our friends and family that sustainable development can be achieved not only by growing economies but by minimising waste.
2. The students of class V to VIII of Jopling Road Campus visited the Regional Science Centre. It was a fun-filled learning experience. Close to nature and equipped with interactive science learning techniques, the Centre educated students about scientific facts in simple ways. Students enjoyed self help activities, observed simple machines and were able to appreciate nature. Not only were the students curious about the scientific process but they enjoyed some quality time sitting under the trees with friends. The trip enriched and relaxed them throughly.
3. Earth Day was celebrated by taking a pledge in the assembly by holding the earth day flags. A signature campaign was also carried out, the theme being 'End Plastic Pollution'. Students of class Junior Section planted summer resistant plants in used plastic bottles. The concept of vertical gardening was introduced to them. The pre-primary were dressed in blue and green symbolising earth. They also coloured art sheets on the topic 'earth day'. The primary took part in calligraphy, hand-printing, recited poems and played educative games on earth day. It was a great day to showcase environmental education, highlight efforts to green the school and engage everyone in making a difference.
4. Distribution of packets made from old newspapers at the Lucknow Zoo to support the spirit of SDG 11 and 15. This action project has been carried out over the period of 3 years.