• Keeping its concern for the environmental issues
affecting mother earth, the Van Mahotsava week was
celebrated at RDSO campus. Children showed a lot of
interest for the plantation drive as a part of
Saturday activity. They brought small trees and
saplings of medicinal plant like neem , tulsi,
peepal ,papaya and mango. Few decorative plants were
also planted by them. They enjoyed the activity of
watering the plants.
• A visit to nearby activity was made by the care
taker and the environment coordinator to get trees
and plants taking short span of time for their full
growth. It was decided that the other non shady side
of the campus will be planted with these trees .so
the trees of Kadam, Mango, Bel and Gurhal were
purchased. The visit proved to be a fruitful for the
• An interactive session with the students was also
with the students of class ix where the students put
forward their views for the topic “global warming
and its causes”. Again, the importance of tree
plantation was stressed upon.
• An Art and craft activity was arranged for the
children of junior section where they did their art
• Junior section children are maintaining the
compost pit for the preparation of green manure.
• Students visited the Regional Science City from
16th to 20th July ’14 during the “Ground Water Week.